ANJANEYA FIRM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ANJANEYA FIRM

NEVER SAY NO.........

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MENTAL APTITUDE

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

MENTAL APTITUDE Empty
PostSubject: MENTAL APTITUDE   MENTAL APTITUDE Icon_minitime17th February 2008, 1:12 pm

1.If bat is racket, racket is football, football is shuttle, shuttle is ludo and ludo is carrom, what is cricket played with?
Solution: Cricket is played with a bat and a bat is called a racket. So cricket is played with a racket.

2.In a certain code language, kew x as huma eleko means she is eating apples: kew tepo quo means she sells toys and sul lim deko means I like apples. Which words in the language means she and apple?
Solution: in the first and second statements, the common code word is kew and the common word is she. Kew means she. In the first and the third statements, the common code word is deko and the common word is apples.

3.If in a certain code TELEVISION is coded as NOISIVELET, which word would be coded as ROTAREGIRFER.
Solution: in the given code, the order of the letters of the word is reversed. So, reverse the letter in the code to get the word. Therefore the given code represents REFRIGERATOR.

4.If ROPE is coded as 6821 and CHAIR is coded as 73456 then what will be the code for CRAPE? Solution: the alphabets are coded as shown below:
1. R O P E C H A I R
2. 6 8 2 1 7 3 4 5 6
Solution: So CRAPE will be coded as 76421.

5.Painting to a man in a photograph, a woman said, “His brother’s father is the only son of my grand father. How is the women related to the man in the photograph?
Solution: only son of women’s grand father – women’s father, Man’s brother’s father – Man’s father.

6.Direction: illustration[5 to 9] are based on following information: all the six members of a family A, B, C, D, E and F are travelling together, B is the son of C but C is not the mother of B. A and C are a married couple. E is the brother of C, D is the daughter of A. F is the brother of B.
How many male members are there in the family?
Who is the mother of B?
How many children does A have?
Who is the wife of E?
How is E related to D?
Solution:
A is the mother and hence female. B is the son and hence male. C is the husband and hence male. D is the daughter and hence female. E is the brother and hence male. F is the son and hence male. So, there are four males.
A is the mother of B.
A has son B, son F and daughter D i.e. three children.
From the date available, the wife of E cannot be determined.
E is the brother of C who is the father of D. so, E is the uncle of D.

7.There are six persons A, B, C, D, E and F in a family. C is the sister of F. B is the brother of E’s husband.
A) Which of the following is a group of brothers. 1) ABC 2) ABD 3) ABF 4) BDF
5) BFC
B) Who is E’s husband? 1) B 2) C 3) D 4) F 5) None of these
C) Who is the mother? 1) A 2) B 3) E 4)D 5)None of these
D) How many male members are there in the group? 1) two 2) four 3) one 4) three 5) five
E) How is F related to E? 1) son 2) daughter 3) husband 4) uncle 5) father-in-law
Solution: D is the grand father of F means D is the grand father of F and C. since C is the sister of F. Then, D is the grand father of F and C and father of A means A is the father of F and C, B is the brother of E’s husband. Then the fathers are D and A, three brothers are B, A and F and one mother is E. a) A and B are brothers of each other and F is the brother of C. b) A is E’s husband. c) E is the mother of F and C. d) there are four male members, C’s brother F, E’s husband A, E’s brother-in-law B and grand father of C and F i.e. D e) E is A’s wife and A is father of F who is C’s brother. So, F is son of A and hence the son of E.

8.An electronic devices makes a beep after 60 sec. another device makes a beep after every 62 sec. they beyond together at 10 a.m. The time when they will next makes a beep together at the earliest is:
1)10:30 am 2) 10:31 am 3) 10:59 am 4) 11 am
Solution: 10:31am

9.Directions: in each of the following question these words are given with four alternatives. One of the four alternatives is same as the three words give in beginning. The candidates have to find out the correct alternative answer.
1) Which one is the same as Bombay, Calcutta, Cochin?
a) Delhi b) Kanpur c) Madras d) Sholapur
Solution: all are harbours [Madras]
2) which is the same as coal, bony and soat?
i) blush ii) Raven iii) Ash iv) Rust
Solution:ASH. All are the forms of carbon.
3) Which is the same as EMANCIPATE, Free and Release?
i) Ignore ii) Pardon iii) Liberate vi) quit
Solution: the synonym of Emancipate, free and release is liberate
4) which is the same as Daisy, Pansy and Rose
Solution: Daisy, Pansy, Rose and violet are flowers as plants.
5) Which is the same as grand father, father and brothers?
i) Baby ii) father-in-law iii) Son vi) son-in-law
Solution: the word ‘son’ makes a lineage with grand father, father and brother.
6) Which one is the same as yellow, orange and green?
i) tree ii) Purple iii) grass vi) leaf
Solution: As yellow, orange and green are different colors. So purple is also a color.

10.The average age for 6 children is 35 months if none is less than 30 months old, then what is the maximum possible age for any on child?
i)60 ii) 55 iii) 50 vi) 45 v) 65
Solution: 60

11.100 students attend the farewell function of college. If each student shakes the hand of every other student, how many hand shakes are there?
Solution: 4950

12.You are asked to draw four straight lines passing through all the dots in the figure shown without lifting pencil from paper?
Solution:

13.Ram Mohan is my father’s sister’s brother’s wife’s daughter’s grandfather’s son. What is the closest relationship to me that Ram Mohan could have?
Solution: father

14.A man started walking west he turned right then right again, then left. In what direction was he walking now?
Solution: North

15.There are two donkeys, one having the north, the other facing the south. They are drinking water from the same tub. How is it possible?
Solution: both are facing each other while drinking water.

affraid affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
https://braininfo.board-directory.net

MENTAL APTITUDE
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ANJANEYA FIRM :: General :: Aptitude-
Jump to: